Sunday, August 16, 2015

the wondrous head of Miyazaki


(HD version of this video can be viewed here: https://vimeo.com/134668506)

My weekends have always been very lazy, but not this time. For the past two weekends in a row, it's been filled with watching Hayao Miyazaki animated films where I was able to meet the charismatic Howl, the strong willed Sophie, the adorable Ponyo who was a fish and wanted to be a human to be with the man she loves, and so many other unusual but interesting characters which made me smile which made me amazed which made me gaping which made me laugh which made me gasp which made me asked about my existence which made me sigh which made me ache to live which made me spin to a whole lot of different feels. 

And the quality of music each films brings, it made me want to cry so much it could tear me apart. 

I first came across his works during one of my lazy afternoon, or was it evening, I can't be sure, but I came across it couple of years during one of my lazy scroll on my Mother's cable telly. I didn't know the title back then, the child in me was wonder struck so I kept on watching, it was one of the most bizarre and beautiful movies I've ever watch. It's only recently that I get hold of the title, it was the famous, award winning, Spirited Away. Digging more into Hayao Mizayaki world, I realized I am not alone in the journey. There's a lot of us exploring his world, understanding what it was that captivated our individual "self". Realizing this, that I wasn't alone watching his films, I gave up explaining and looking and contemplating about these beautiful works, and just simply watch, and be amazed by these people, by these world inside Hayao Mizayaki's head to which I was sure I've been to before, childhood was it called? 

No comments:

Post a Comment