Saturday, June 11, 2016

All were offers.

I got a call from someone today, it was an offer to write a script for a specific project. I said okay, anytime. Few months back, I got a call from another someone, it was an offer to write PR for Grace Poe. I said okay, anytime. Few more months before, or was it last year, a text came from a friend telling me that a friend of hers is looking for someone who could write a novel for the game application they are establishing. Again, I said okay. Two weeks ago, a friend, a colleague, and a boss asked for a favor all at once, "vane favor, patulong ako sa paggawa ng letter. I love you vane" says one, "will you be able to write an angle to this story, give me a deadline on when can you do it" says two, "vane, can i asked for a favor? Can you compose my answer to these interview questions? Deadline is today." All offers included a praise of how good of a writer my soul is and other blah blah blahs of the world they could think of. All were offers. Whatever art came from it, I have no idea.

They say a writer never forgets the first time he accepted a few coins or a word of praise in exchange for a story, oh that sweet poison of vanity in the blood, have I succeeded in not letting anyone discover my lack of talent?

1 comment: