Wednesday, January 27, 2016

What's the one thing that holds true in your life?

Hello, my precious reader! It's been two weeks of utter silence here. I just can't bring myself to write anything. Nobody's reading this anyway, except me. Haha! In my head right now is this Taylor Swift Blank Space and I'm not really in the mood to write anything particular like pahabain ang "what's your mundane lousy and forgettable experience ever today beside sa ilang araw mo nang hindi nakakasabay sa byahe yung crush mo na stranger?" question sa sarili, but I can't sleep yet, naligo kasi ako and growing up, I was told not to sleep with my hair wet. Ewan ko kung saan nag-originate ang paniniwalang ito, kung ginawan man ng storya to ng ijuander, hindi ko napanood. Haha! Pero when you think about it, parang ang babaw. Pero when you really try to really really think about it, the way Kris Aquino would try to rationalize it like "Darla what if this is the only one thing that hold true in the world, you would not dare shrugging it, would you, Darla darling? I'd bet, from the scale of James Yap to my other lovers, you'd take precious time holding it in your hands.  Ha ha" Mga ganoong keme. So kiber kahit maaga pa yung pasok bukas, okay lang kasi at this moment, my hair being wet is the only thing that I hold true in my life. But what's my point exactly? Wala naman. I'm just really waiting for my hair to dry so I can sleep because I have my amazing work to go to tomorrow and for eternity. I love my job. I really do. If it's the only thing I hold true in my life, I wouldn't let go of it, no matter how many times Alanis Morissette says it's pretty "Ironic". Ha ha ! I couldn't count the times I let out a long sigh of disappointment to the world, the frowns, the yawns, and the selfies I took, my picture folder is really embarrassing, Shrek would shriek to it, but again, if these are the only things you hold true in your life, would you even dare countering it? I did. One morning, after a long dragging sleep, I woke up to a start, I stretched, stare at the ceiling for a few seconds, at sa utak ko nabuo ang isang "Nakakasawa na po. Tama na." na drama, but still managed to utter a simple thank you prayer, raised myself up, to my right, I saw a book lying, very lonely on the table. It was the book I received from 2014's Christmas Party titled, "How to be an Explorer of the World" by Keri Smith. I first encountered it in Brainpickings where I usually get motivational shit to get me started in the morning at the office. I wanted it so badly, I added it on my wishlist. It was granted to me pero mga ilang days lang, it lay flat in my bag, in the house, inaalikabukan, walang exposure gaya ng may-ari. So noong isang gabi, feeling its utter loneliness, sa di malamang dahilan, it transcends thru me. Kinuha ko sya then began skimming. May 13 ways raw on how to be an explorer of the world, sabi ni Ateng Keri without the need for that finding yourself shit while traveling habang nilulustay mo ang perang pinagpaguran mo ng maraming taon. Ang argument na pinaglalaban nya is you can do without these travel thingie, kung ang income mo ay hindi naman sapat for travel. Iayon ang pagiging explorer sa income. Parang ganon. So, shall I list it down for you? :) pero I'm pretty sure, mahahanap mo rin sya thru Googling. Pero dahil nagpapatuyo nga ako ng buhok, I will patiently list it down for you na rin. Haha

1. Always be looking (Notice the ground beneath your feet)
2. Consider everything alive and intimate
3. Everything is interesting. Look closer
4. Alter your course often
5. Observe for long durations (and short ones)
6. Notice the stories going on around you
7. Notice patterns. Make connections
8. Document your findings (field notes) in a variety of ways
9. Incorporate indeterminancy
10. Observe movement
11. Create personal dialogue with your environment. Talk to it
12. Trace things back to their origins
13. Use all of the senses in your investigations

After ng preamble na 'to, she listed 59 experiments for a reader to conduct and explore. Really refreshing, if I may say so para sa tamad na tamad na nilalang na kagaya ko. Hindi naman mandatory na gawin lahat ng experiments, kung ano lang ang trip mong gawin at palaguin. This post is a statement na for this year, kung pagpapalain ng kasipagan (haha), this blog from now on will be dedicated to conquer that procrastination and be the explorer Keri Smith wants me to be. Charing. Pero really, from now on, this blog will be my place for the exhibit of some sort sa lahat ng experiments na gagawin ko, starting with Experiment #1 - to write 10 things about where you are sitting which I will post next time, for now observation muna for one to two weeks :) I hope you are with me on this, my dear precious reader. Let's! As if this exploration is the only thing that holds true in our lives! :) Happy exploring. Let's be Dora! With that, I'd say goodnight! x

2 comments:

  1. My gmail sent me a notification saying "what I've missed about Vanessa Rosales post". Hahaha! There is this instant urge for me to read it, Van! Since my mind is too tired to work yet eto ako at nagbabasa ng blog mo. While reading this, parang naalala ko si Bob Ong bigla. hahaha! Nakakaaliw. And how I wish that someday yung crush mo eh maging si "the one" na. Sa araw araw mong post sa fb ng parinig sa kanya siya na ang manhid pag di pa niya napansin post mo. hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Steph! Nagulat ako hahaha!! You've actually read this? For real? Haha Ay, yes! kasi naka-connect nga pala to sa google+. My, my! Haha pero thank you. Pasensya na if I say too much. Oo nga eh, baka yun na ang solusyon sa ikakatahimik ko di ba hahaha

      Delete