Monday, October 12, 2015

Komomong

So. I was planning to write a another super absorbed blog entry since yesterday evening, but as always, procrastination got the better of me so no wonder it is only now that I got the sense and sensibility to hit "New Post". I was over analyzing things as of recently, like what's the grand idea of this all, of me clinging, groping, always finding myself posting procrastinating underrated fun. But again, to hell with over analyzing, as just yesterday, mama decided to have a wifi modem installed in our house. Scrolling through Facebook and Twitter and Instagram sure are underrated fun and certainly made for procrastinators who are almighty high not complaining on the precious time being wasted, but I don't want to over indulge on this habit (if I am not already are), coz I might die in the process, but let's not talk about dying, shall we. There's just too many of it not just this evening but as of this late, it's wrecking havoc among human lives. Shit, there's too much mumbling here. 

Anyways. Weekend was over just yesterday. I am here to tell you how wisely I spent it this time haha Oh! Is that a clap I hear? But no, sister. There was no way I couldn't change the world in two days, so again, I ended up spending it with my friends. But first, let's talk about a Friday Night. This is precious among (I almost used "amongst" for pete's sake) all. I told myself to hit the sack early so I can go biking early Saturday. But so much lack of discipline in my body took over, I just couldn't. I ended up opening my laptop, insert the hard drive and skimmed skimmed skimmed out of all the movies I copied in the office server, skimmed, okay, stopped at every unfamiliar names among the list. I'll go straight to point, man the habit of beating around the bush in writing is making me sad. See here, I ended up watching Southpaw starring Jake Galen-Gallynhaal (spell check freshly out from Google search, thank you) as Billy Hope. Look it up on Wikipedia, if you want the whole idea of what kind of a movie it was. But, boy I tell you, it was one of those quite amazing movies I've ever watch in months, this year. It got me at least three pimples the next day, that's how good it was hahaha!!

Talking about Hope. In order for a lasting friendship to last (wow see how lame I use it), the Korean Culture Center set up a Korean Film Festival for us creatively lazy friends. Three movies were set to premiere on Saturday which we have been talking round and round over Messenger chat a month before the movie viewing in Metro Manila. Korean Culture Center or KCC as what my Eka, my perks calls it was very sweet we ended up falling in this very long line haha but we are talking about hope, we persevere and would you know, the title of the movie we are about to watch was "HOPE". We ended up sobbing and somewhat wildly noisy watching it. Rodelle was late we almost have to beg for a ticket and for them to let her pass, good thing a guy who looked like he had raped countless girls in the old days approached and asked us how many tickets do we need, we answered only one, then he gave out his. Okay so I take back what I thought. It was free, have a told you that? Apparently this is not in chronological order of events because I'm trying not be a Richard Linklater type, I'm more of like a David Fincher Christopher Nolan kind. What am I saying here, it's 12 midnight by the way, I got to wake up at 5am or earlier and this got me over analyzing things once again on why I'm doing this in the first place so might as well just stop and consider the photos as a reliable medium of creating a story, So enjoy. Goodnight! :) 





Disclaimer: Komomong is one of the four Korean cartoon characters a child in the movie was fond about. Komomong played us, tore our hearts apart, we have no choice but sob til our eyes aches no more. Hope was one of those tear-jerking Korean movie next to Miracle Cell.



Disclaimer: Excuse our mighty creative take on "Sayang wala tayong picture together sa Korean Film Festival poster. Bakit kasi ang dami daming tao eh" situation. You should have seen the outtakes of reviews in between munching Dear Darla of Yellowcab, the hilarious outtakes of the hand selfie doing Tyra's random act of modeling using the ripped ticket. But there were no outtakes, so here's the photos. 



No comments:

Post a Comment