Friday, September 18, 2015

A Random Visit.

Two days ago, simultaneous to the carbonara cravings I've had, I did a very random thing, I visited the Philippine Army Museum. See the ironic thing boredom and procrastination can do to a person. Disclaimer: according to the contract of agreement I've signed working in the government says my service or services are not considered a "government services", so this is me saying that I am allowed to abridged the 8am-5pm working hours as long as services are already rendered for that day. Haha so my PA Museum trip was not considered as "paglalamyerda" lols at least we are clear on that so off I go. Disclaimer ulit: medyo fail ako sa paglalayout ng photos and text, and not much of a storyteller either, as long as these two are here, to whoever is the reader, magegets mo naman siguro? Haha. 


Seals of Philippine Army during the years. 


Long lines of Commanding Generals who served the Philippine Army with Heneral Luna as one of them, he was 2nd to Ricarte's term.


After wikipedia-ing, I decided to take a tour which by the way is my first ever endeavor alone.


Depiction of the Battle of Bataan


I am not much of a history fanatic person, pero I appreciate things that have Art. History is Art. The idea of history is like a "reserve engineering" for me. The simple curiosity of, "what is the life of this pencil before it became such? How did it manage to become a pencil? Anung mga pinagdaanan o napagdaanan nya bago sya naging sya?" is how I define history haha ang elementary ko lang mag-isip. I didn't quite appreciate the subject duringcollege but I managed to pass all of it. Just for the heck of it. 


Back in the days paintings of military situation.





So what came into me? I was high with influence. Haha! Uso yun ngayon eh, you act according to society's dictation haha and there comes social media's persuasion. I saw and read how Heneral Luna film received its massive positive reviews, I became curious. The name was very familiar but what do I know about him? Not much. It's only just recently that I recall (after Wikipedia-ing haha) that he was a brother to the famous painter Juan Luna who got a famous painting plastered at National Museum, even the painting itself i could not recall what it depicts really. I know Yayadub and Alden Richards, sure. Haha!



Second floor museum of back in the days painting of the military organization.


Turn right with caution. This creeps the hell out of me, a very foreboding (tama ba spell ko? haha) figure.



The serious business of putting a stiff and brave face.


 It was somewhat a creepy place, good thing there was a tour guide in a form of an Enlisted Personnel, we managed a few conversation along the way. Workload in the office is not that much anyways, so after lunch, with rain's heavy downpour, sacrificing to watch the latest episode of Kalyeserye that day, I took off. 



He creeps me out!!! 


But one more!!!!



Eh ako lang ba? 

I don't think so. But I am not after a debate, I'm just here to post lazy stuffs so, moving on. 



Goosebumps ito really. It depicts a Filipino trying to apply in the military service. Read below.







The PA Museum is situated inside the Headquarters but outsiders who have a knack for history are allowed to roam around as long as they present their IDs before the guards. It's worth 20 pesos. If you're a student, I guess the tour is just free. 


No comments:

Post a Comment