Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Atychiphobia

Self is currently reviewing for the Civil Service Exam on Sunday (highlighting it in capital so as to give it a super duper high importance to let it feel how badly I want it to let me pass lol), on the analogy part, I stumble upon these various words I've never heard utter or even read before in my life, not once. Only now. It was amazing how I feel so braggy (is this even a word, I can't be sure anymore) about what I already know but stumbling on these words, I feel like an ignorant 5th grader, learning all these words like it's the first time. It is the first time. One memorable word is this "Atychiphobia" or the abnormal, unwarranted, and persistent fear of failure that often leads to constricted lifestyle, and is particularly devastating for its effect on a person's willingness to attempt certain activities. Like how the hell do these linguistics or whatever they are called came up with that! Just let me pass! And I ain't wonder no more!

No comments:

Post a Comment